Friday, May 30, 2008

Twitter Rebuttle!


So maybe I might have, kinda sort of, possibly… No! I most definitely made a mistake by making an earlier post. The post was titled “On Twitter: Not all that and a bag of chips.”
Because I am human, I realize that sometimes it takes us time to accept and embrace new things and I think that this is where I went wrong here.

I’m afraid that all of these new things on the internet are going to take over my happy life! Why do I need to post to the world what I am doing every five minutes? It seems too meticulous. But, I have seen the light.

Twitter isn’t designed to be awe inspiring, it’s designed to give you tid-bits. And these little pieces of information don’t have to be about your everyday life, but they can be strictly professional. This is where I see the value of Twitter. You can get the day-to-day inside scoop about what other people are doing in the industry that you can’t get anywhere else.

And so what if someone is posting what they did on Friday night, Saturday morning and every other hour of the day. Now, you have something to talk about with them. This is great for doing research about someone you are going to meet…. Clients, prospective employers and so on.

So, Check out my new Twitter feed. I’m an interesting guy, just don’t stalk me, OK?

No comments: