Sunday, April 20, 2008

Big World


Hello big world of blogging! This is my first blog and I must admit that I am a little overwhelmed by stepping into a whole new world. I want to use this as a tool to learn not only about this phenomenon that is blogging, but also about the real reason I am starting this blog: public relations and marketing. As a duck, I know the value of getting my feet wet; it’s the best way to learn. The two biggest tips I receive from anyone in the marketing profession are to get real world experience, and start blogging. So, here I am, ready to jump-in, turn-on, and start learning.

I once posted on an internal blog for Allen Hall Advertising, but that is the extent of my blogging career. As a journalism major at the University of Oregon, blogging was always in the background of what I should be doing to prepare for my career. I am ready to discover the potential of blogs and what they can do in marketing. Well, here I am.
The learning process will be facilitated by Kelli Matthews’ PR blog: http://prosintraining.blogspot.com.
Let the games begin!

2 comments:

Staci Stringer said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Johnny! I hope you learn to love it as much as I did last term in advanced writing. Blogging has opened up multiple opportunities for jobs, which is such a relief at this point in college! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Hope to see you around soon.
-Staci

Sue Waters said...

Hi Johnny - I came across to check out your blog because your lecturer linked to my post on The Edublogger about RSS and I was curious to see what you are doing with your course.

Best of luck with blogging :)

Sue Waters
The Edublogger